Philippine Consulate General in Jeddah
The Philippines recognized the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on November 15, 1946 and both states established diplomatic relations on October 20, 1969.
The first Philippine Mission was opened in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on December 23, 1973.By Royal Decree on September 29, 1983 of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Fahd bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, all diplomatic missions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would be moved from Jeddah to Riyadh. The Royal Decree enjoined all diplomatic missions to construct their respective chanceries and residences in the Diplomatic Quarter in Riyadh within two years from the transfer.
The Consulate officially commenced operations in July 1985, when the Philippine Embassy, of which it was formerly a part, transferred to Riyadh;
The Consulate has had six (6) Consuls General since 1985
H.E. Dauday A. Tago (1986-7)
H.E. Candidato B. Gutoc (1987-94)
H.E. Bahnarim A. Guinomla (1994-98)
H.E. Kadatuan Usop (1998-2003)
H.E. Mohd. Noordin Pendosina N. Lomondot (2004-7)
The present Consul General, Mr. Ezzedin H. Tago, assumed on 22 December 2007.
We recently moved to a bigger and more comfortable building on Um Al-Qurra Street in Al-Rehab District, behind Jarir Bookstore [Tahlia Branch].
Official Website of the Philippine Consulate General in Jeddah
Phone : +966 2 669-6303
Fax +9662 669-6797