To getting a drivers license in Saudi Arabia is not easy. Processes are defined to obtain a driving license. If you are already familiar with driving, you can get the license within 2 days.
Before applying for driving license, you must have the following documents with you.
- Get your Country License translated to Arabic.
- Get your Blood group report from any dispensary in Saudi Arabia.
- Your Iqama (Resident permit) copy
- Your Passport copy with visa copy as well.
- Deposit SAR 400/- through internet against your Iqama for 10 years Private License.
- Go to any nearest driving school Driving School , with all the documents before 9’o clock.
- Pay 10 riyals to shop of Photocopy outside school gate and he will create a file.
- With this file, enter Hall No. 2 in school and get your eyes tested.
- On your left side will be an eye microscope. Get your eyes tested and he will stamp your application.
- Get a license check from same hall in opposite direction.
- Take the initial trial from Hall No. 4. You need your iqama as well.
- Take care of only 4 things. Seat belt, back view mirror, hand break, and seat adjustment for your accelerator. Drive slowly through round-about.If you succeed in initial trial, the tester will write “I” alif on your form.
- Take the file back to hall no. 2 and he will print a form taking you 100 saudi riyals for the instructions class to be held on the same day evening from 3:00 to 6:00. Your file will be held and you will be given the slip.
- Attend the class from 3 to 6 pm same day. bring the slip.
- Next day come to school again and go to computer testing waiting hall with the slip. Submit the slip inside the examination room.
- On your turn, take the exam and then sit in the stadium to get your final trial.
- After final trial, if you are successful, come back to computer test waiting room. You will be given back your file.
- Take your file to hall no. 1 and counter no. 14. Submit it there and tell him that you have deposited your 400 riyals.
- After 10 to 15 mins your name will be called and you will be given the Driving license.
Driving License Tips
- Spend at least 2 – 3 hours in reading the chart of signs and questions.
- Take care of 4 things before start driving. Seat belt, Hand brake, Back view mirror, seat adjustment with Accelerator.
- Drive slowly unless the instructor asks you to drive fast.
Information Sources: Driving License in Saudi Arabia